General Clerk III - Salters, SC
|Title:||General Clerk III - Salters, SC|
DescriptionPosition Title: General Clerk III.
Location: Salters, SC.
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. ("JPS") is currently seeking qualified and motivated professionals for the position of General Clerk III.
The Contractor will be responsible for clerical duties essential to the day-to-day activity of the medical unit. The Contractor will serve as a contact person between community hospitals, contract consultants, and the Salters Location for issues, details, and concerns related to medical billing, processing, scheduling of medical trips, and departmental cross-tracking of financial data.
Specific work shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain a daily medical trip schedule for inmates;
- Through applied medical terminology knowledge and in conjunction with in-house providers and consultants’ orders, ensure patients are scheduled timely and correctly;
- Work closely with the Clinical Director, Correctional Services Department, and medical providers for the efficient scheduling of inmates according to medical need;
- Ensure documentation to include procedure orders, diagnostic orders, and reports are accurate and entered into the Bureau Electronic Medical Record (BEMR) timely;
- Maintain accurate logs of all reports in accordance with Bureau of Prisons policy and the Joint Commission Accreditation standards, to include the accurate and consistent inputting or scanning of medical information in the Bureau Electronic Medical Record (BEMR);
- Review clinical records to ensure data is entered legibly and in the appropriate section of the medical record; Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance to the Privacy Act and BOP policies;
- Adhere to infection control policies and procedures;
- Possess ability and skill to operate computer, scanner, and fax equipment.
- The individual must possess at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The contractor must have broad knowledge of medical terminology through education and/or experience, and medical billing and processing skills.
- The contractor must possess computer skills in the areas of email, internet, and word processing usage.
- He or she must be familiar with computer software applications such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Internet Explorer.
- The contractor must have analytical skills in order to perform analysis of data.
- One year, or more, of experience in a correctional environment is preferred, but not required.
- Must submit documentation of the experience, qualifications, and/or training.
Jamison Professional Services, Inc.
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. ("JPS”) a CVE Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned small business, is a customer driven firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to our clients, supporting single and multiple nationally and internationally requirements. JPS consistently and successfully delivers qualified employees to numerous Federal agencies as well as other public and private sectors across a broad field of occupations and disciplines.
JPS offers a wide range of employment opportunities in the commercial and government arenas. We seek employees who share our values of service excellence, integrity and professionalism.
JPS affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment and/or discrimination. In addition, JPS adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business.
JPS’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and all other matters of employment.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete an online test to determine qualification for positions requiring specific skills.
Please DO NOT contact with JPS directly with inquiries regarding this opportunity. All applications must be submitted through our applications system at: http://careers.jps-online.net/x/openings.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications