Administrative Assistant - Temp
|Title:||Administrative Assistant - Temp|
Location: United States – DC Metro
Job Description: We are seeking qualified, experienced and motivated professionals for part-time temporary (on call) work as Administrative Assistant. Work could lead to full time employment. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Receiving customers, visitors and telephone calls
- Receive and process official mail (hard copy) and electronic mail (email)
- Answer questions, resolve issues and/or refer to appropriate department or personnel as required
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence. Finalize documents utilizing the appropriate military format, ensuring correct spelling and grammar
- Attend meetings as required
- Prepare, update, maintain and process reports
- Perform personnel in-processing and out-processing activities
- Perform routine administrative functions to include: photocopying, shredding and filling documents in accordance with appropriate Department of the Army regulations, policies and guidance
- Prior military experience as a military personnel clerk or demonstrated GS-0204 equivalency experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with software programs including MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel and current email systems
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate information and directions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a cohesive member of a team
- Understanding of protocols as they pertain to verbal, written, telephonic and electronic communications
- Understanding of military protocols
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to operate and conduct user-level troubleshooting functions for a variety of office equipment to include: photocopiers, fax machines, printers (laser and ink jet), computers and scanners. Examples of situations include resolving paper jams, changing toner, etc.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively handle and respond to short suspense projects with little to no prior warning
- Must be familiar with various databases and systems to include: eMILPO, IWS, iPERMS, RCMS, MODS and others
Education: High School Diploma required. College level degree and or certifications in a related field preferred.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of experience.
U.S. Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
For Administrative Purposes Only – Do Not Post
Key Search Words:
- Army, National Guard, Reserves, Military, Navy, Air Force
- Administrative, Human Resources, 42A, 75B, 71L, GS-0204
- eMILPO, IWS, iPERMS, RCMS, MODS