IT Project Manager Senior - Atlanta
|Title:||IT Project Manager Senior - Atlanta|
DescriptionPosition Title: IT Project Manager Senior
Location: Atlanta, GA
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. ("JPS") is currently seeking qualified and motivated professionals for the position of IT Project Manager Senior.
The position will plan and coordinate all aspects of internal IT specific projects from initiation to delivery. Projects would typically be larger or more complex. This is a fully seasoned professional level capable of independently carrying out most assignments. This level would be attainable by multiple incumbents in a work group (not necessarily by all), but would not be an "automatic" promotional level. The position will include the following:
1) Depending on organization structure, may work independently with responsibility for an assigned function or program and under very general supervision.
2) Manage projects that often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrade.
3) PC deployment and other similar projects.
4) Coordinate work done by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments.
5) Develop detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
6) Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards. Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to internal customers.
7) Responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and timely project information in all project plans, communications, status reporting, and Share Point sites.
8) Responsible for effective project kickoff, identification of all project stakeholders, defining and clarifying project roles and responsibilities.
9) Build relationships with stakeholders and project teams to effectively manage and deliver quality products.
10) Works closely with sponsors, stakeholders, users, technical team leads, technical and non-technical resources, and management to execute core project management functions end to end on strategic projects that range in scope and budget involving moderate to high levels of risk and complexity.
11)Leads cross-functional project teams by task assignment and follows up to ensure on-time completion.
12) Has responsibility for maintaining effective management of multiple concurrent project assignments, project tracking, issue resolution, time gathering and reporting, and Communicating project progress.
13) Establish work methods, timetables, performance standards, etc.
14)Propose changes to PMO methodologies, frameworks, best practices for continuous process improvement; participates in teams that undertake continuous process improvement initiatives.
15) Typically has formal project management and/or skills development responsibilities
16) Motivates and leading project teams and instilling a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement.
17) Extensive knowledge of concepts, processes, and tools of project management. Well-developed technical skills within project management.
18) Skill in the use of personal computers and their associated connectivity and networking.
19) Skill in assessing the status of IT systems and identifying underlying causes for failures and disruptions in service, and the methods to remediate these issues.
20) Ability to plan and carry out virtually all typical assignments within professional area, train others and ability to build effective relationships within the Client's organization.
21) Ability to provide advanced-level project management and support for multiple projects across numerous functional and technical units within organizations.
22) Reports to and submits weekly status report to assigned designated IT Manager/Director.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or business (equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis).
• Five (5) -ten (10) years of specific professional experience such as project lead or project manager leading cross functional/technical teams.
• Advanced knowledge of PM methodology, tools and techniques.
• Advanced leadership, general management skills, including advanced negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
• Excellent written/verbal communications and analytical skills required. Must be able to easily grasp and communicate complex ideas.
• Must have advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and/or infrastructure project delivery.
• Experience in managing project teams of 10 or more people.
• Experience developing/managing medium to large project schedules.
• Experience in managing vendors and ensuring contract terms are met.
• Knowledge of IT applications and resource teams.
Preferred Education & Experience
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering or business (equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the master's degree on an exception basis) with 5-l 0 years' of experience.
• PMP Certified, Network, database experience a plus.
• ITIL, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, ScrumMaster, Certification a plus.
• Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Operations including Network, Telecom, VoiceNideo, LAN/WAN, Server Platform, Data Center, Web technologies and architecture.
• Consulting experience a plus.
• Agile Serum project management experience a plus.
U.S. Citizenship: Must be eligible to work in the United States .
Security Clearance: Must successfully pass a government level background investigation.
Jamison Professional Services, Inc.
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. ("JPS”) a CVE Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, is a customer responsive firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to our clients, supporting single and multiple nationally and internationally requirements. JPS consistently and successfully delivers qualified employees to numerous government agencies as well as other public and private sectors across a broad field of occupations and disciplines.
JPS offers a wide range of employment opportunities in the commercial and government arenas. We seek employees who share our values of service excellence, integrity and professionalism.
JPS affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment and/or discrimination. In addition, JPS adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business.
JPS’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and all other matters of employment.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete an online test to determine qualification for positions requiring specific skills.
Please DO NOT contact with JPS directly with inquiries regarding this opportunity. All applications must be submitted through our applications system at: http://careers.jps-online.net/x/openings.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications