|Title:||ASL Interpreter - Washington, DC|
Position: American Sign Language Interpreter
Location: Washington, DC
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (“JPS”) is currently seeking qualified and motivated professional for the position of ASL Interpreter.
Functions, qualifications, and skills:
- On-site ASL Interpreter support services in Washington, DC.
- ASL Interpreter shall be certified in accordance with state laws where the service is being performed. We recognize certifications granted through National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) and the National Verbatim Reporters Association (NVRA). You must be able to provide the proper certification upon request.
- Shall be able to provide services from Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm for each respective time zone in the Continental United States.
- The candidate will receive advance notice of where to report and perform services.
- Interpreter shall be present at assigned location for a minimum of two hours per assignment.
- Onsite language services are on an as needed basis to interpret spoken English into signed English ASL and ASL or signed English back into spoken English.
- This is a part-time or SOMETIME assignment. The services will be performed ONLY when required by the Government. Please note: THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME ASSIGNMENT
- A candidate level of background investigation and clearance is required for this assignment; A Tier One National Agency Check and Inquires (NACI) and a Special Agreement Check (SAC).
U.S. Citizenship: Must be able to successfully pass a Federal Government level background check.
JPS Corporate Overview:
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (“JPS”) a CVE Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned small business, is a customer driven firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to our clients, supporting single and multiple nationally and internationally requirements. JPS consistently and successfully delivers qualified employees to numerous Federal agencies as well as other public and private sectors across a broad field of occupations and disciplines.
JPS offers a wide range of employment opportunities in the commercial and government arenas. We seek employees who share our values of service excellence, integrity and professionalism.
JPS affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment and/or discrimination. In addition, JPS adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business.
JPS’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and all other matters of employment.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete an online test to determine qualification for positions requiring specific skills.
Please DO NOT contact with JPS regarding this opportunity. All applications must be submitted through our applications system at: http://careers.jps-online.net/x/openings