Executive Director - Personal Care Home
|Title:||Executive Director - Personal Care Home|
DescriptionPosition Title: Executive Director
Location: Decatur, GA
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (JPS) is currently seeking qualified and motivated professionals for a client for the position of Executive Director for a personal care facility for elderly persons.
Job Description: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. In program development and administration of programs, the Executive Director’s job is as follows.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission. Evidence of consistent and timely and measurable progress should be shown on an ongoing basis, i.e. Board Meetings.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, and the Board in preparing a budget. See that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Jointly, with the appropriate Board members, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers and/or appropriate resources, execute legal documents.
- Ensure that the Board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Ensure that an effective back up plan is in place for all staff, including your job.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related field of the health care industry and knowledge of state requirements - needs to have a working knowledge of related government agencies
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience (supervisory or team lead experience is not a substitute)
- Minimum 2 years of financial management, i.e. interpreting budgets, sound financial decision making, planning/strategizing utilizing financial discipline
Jamison Professional Services, Inc.
Jamison Professional Services, Inc. (JPS), a CVE Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned small business, is a customer responsive firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to our clients, supporting single and multiple national and global requirements. JPS consistently and successfully delivers qualified employees to numerous Federal, State, and local government agencies, as well as, other public and private sectors across a broad field of occupations and disciplines.
JPS offers a wide range of employment opportunities in the commercial and government arenas. We seek employees who share our values of service excellence, integrity and professionalism.
JPS affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment and/or discrimination. In addition, JPS adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business.
JPS’s commitment to equal opportunity is applied through every aspect of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination, and all other matters of employment.
Applicants may be required to successfully complete an online test to determine qualification for positions requiring specific skills.
Please DO NOT contact with JPS directly with inquiries regarding this opportunity. All applications must be submitted through our applications system at: http://careers.jps-online.net/x/openings.